Monday, May 16, 2011

Mud, Mud, and More Mud!

When Clayton arrived at church this morning, he said, "Ya'll must have gotten a lot of rain over the weekend!" Clayton lives in McGaheysville, between Elkton and Harrisonburg. He said they got a sprinkle. I told him after the rain was done with us yesterday there wasn't any left over for McGaheysville...

So - in their effort to continue digging, loads of gravel had to be brought in, just to get traction for the big machinery! The irony is striking: adding more to be able to remove more. I had to do the same thing on Saturday, in a way. I put too much buttermilk in a pound cake, so had to add more flour... (Work with me here, I'm trying to make pastoral corollaries, though, honestly, I don't know what making a pound cake has to do with ministry!)

An interesting phenomenon is happening. Have you heard of amputees who have "phantom feeling" in the limb that was amputated? I'm having the same kind of experience with the connector wing! Every now and again, I "hear" the outside doors of the connector wing open and close! The Phantom of WPC ~ now there's a story! Still, it's a curious thing to experience. When it happens I find myself glancing out my window to see who's entering the building. Granted, it doesn't take long to come back to reality (which should be really comforting to you!), but I think it's a neat thing, anyway.

Phone power was restored to the church today - hallelujah! Not so lucky with the water....but hey, it does us good to walk to the Preschool for bathrooms!

A few more pics...






No comments:

Post a Comment